Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Craft to do List!

Unfortunately, this will be my last summer in Michigan. Summertime here is like heaven. Bonfires and festivals and camping and a thawed out lake superior are all that everyone looks forward to in the miserable dead of winter. It's going to be an incredible few weeks.

I've really enjoyed the time spent here, and I made so many amazing friends and I've learned so much from each and every one of them. While the small village hippie town has tempted me to stay for a short while longer, it's time for this college graduated lady bird to fly someplace with more opportunity (and warmth and palm trees). The job search is very fun, and we're contemplating San Francisco or Miami--I guess the final decision will be based on where I get hired!

This summer will be devoted to making money, saving money, organizing my portfolio/resumes and crafting with my friends. I'm having so much fun imagining what my new apartment will be like and how I am going to decorate it. There is so much inspiration online and from all of you that it is hard to find the time to create all of these ideas! While I don't want to travel across the country with too much crap, I am definitely going to be getting rid of the old and creating/refurbishing the new. I'm going to drastically minimize my wardrobe (*sobs*) and get rid of my random junk that fed my pack rat tendencies.

Meanwhile, I've comprised a list of things that I'm going to make this summer to take with me to my new home. :)

1. Paper Posy Pomander Ball 
Alice W. 










2. Lace ball lights (I looooooove lace)

3. Tin can punch light. These would be great for an outdoor patio setting or indoors to evoke a dim, relaxing setting.
 


3. Light Bulb Terrarium!



No comments:

Post a Comment