Thursday, May 19, 2011

Animal Purses!



Recently, (well, no not recently...more like since I was a kitten) there has been this craze with animal purses--and rightfully so! When I was a little girl, I had a lion backpack inspired by one of the lion cubs from The Lion King. It hung dutifully down my back and held my books and pencils and such, but I remember the fur got really filthy so we had to throw it away.

That was the last animal purse I had for awhile. When I was a freshman in college, I stumbled upon a leather owl purse on a random blog one day, and I immediately fell in love with it! I feverishly searched the web for hours looking for a site that sold it (the blog I found it on was a street style blog and the writer hadn't mentioned where it was from) but to no avail. I told my mother and friends about it, warning them "if you see it, buy it, and there will be a reward in your future!"
Well, it wasn't until a year later that my mom bought me the leather owl purse. She sent it to me and it arrived one afternoon when I was at my friend's house. My boyfriend at the time called me and said "your stupid bag is here"  (he never really liked my bag, as he thought it was childish, so good riddance) and I remember dropping everything and running out of my friend's house like a nut job. I got home and there it was, already opened and placed on my bed. It was beautiful and smelled like fresh leather. I immediately wanted another one JUST IN CASE something were to happen to my purse (fiendish, yeah?) but it still remains in perfect condition, minus some fading of the eyes (which can and WILL be fixed).

 
 
So it's my plan to get another owl bag this summer (just in case, you know?) and, might I add, this will be our fourth summer together. There are also many other types of animal bags that I've been eying lately, and there are so many unique styles out there that it's hard to choose just one!

Orwell Clutch





 
                                        


Hmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. I think they are all cute.....except tje last photo.....yuck.....no thanks!

    Ciao Bella!


    CREARIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive. I think there are many people like and visit it regularly, including me.I actually appreciate your work. Keep posting! https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/135150397-idioticmedia

    ReplyDelete